CAREERS AT CDIM ENGINEERING
We started CDIM in 2016 to create an entrepreneurial workplace where our staff can work together to solve local environmental challenges. We are an employee-focused company recognizing that teams thrive through mentorship, collaboration and mutual support. We seek respectful, self-motivated, client-focused problem solvers with excellent communication and writing skills to join our growing team.
Follow the links below for our current career opportunities.
CDIM Engineering seeks an exceptional individual to join our team. This individual will be an environmental engineer/consultant with 10+ years’ experience in technical/project/client management. They will be intelligent, hardworking, a strong communicator and hold paramount quality work and client service. The individual will be an energetic, self-starter that strives to continually improve the way they function as a person and as a professional. The position includes opportunity for firm ownership.
CDIM’s existing environmental engineering practice is focused towards remediation (sediment, soil and groundwater), water quality, regulatory compliance, and civil engineering. The ideal candidate must have a diverse environmental consulting skill set and contribute at an expert or near-expert level in one or more of the aforementioned practice areas. Our work is all in California, and generally within the San Francisco Bay Area.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide expert-level consulting services to San Francisco Bay Area clients
- Successfully execute technical projects in areas of remediation, environmental regulatory compliance, water quality or civil engineering
- Set technical direction
- Manage projects
- Mentor/oversee mid- and junior- level staff
- Prepare, edit, review and present deliverables
- Achieve quality objectives, and
- Maintain client satisfaction
- Generate new business by independently identifying business opportunities, positioning with client and other decision makers, identifying key factors to influence decisions, forming project team, developing approach, leading proposal/SOQ effort, organizing interview teams, leading presentation, and winning contract
- Help set firm direction through clear-eyed analysis/advice on environmental market changes, business opportunities, company risks, potential new clients, business development strategy/tactics
- Contribute to improved company operation by identifying areas for improvement and using a consensus approach to develop new procedures, invest in new people/equipment/software, and adapt behaviors
- Maintain quality control and coordinating activities of junior staff and contractors
Required skills and qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in the environmental consulting industry
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in: civil, environmental, or chemical engineering; environmental science; geology; or other related field
- Proven track record of identifying, pursuing, winning, and implementing new projects
- Expert or Near-Expert Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- California and federal environmental regulations and experience with their implementation, including interfacing with regulatory agencies
- Soil, sediment and groundwater investigations and remediation technologies
- Water quality, including contaminants, regulations, and treatment processes, with an emphasis on storm water
- Civil site work including planning, studies, design and construction documents for utility, grading and drainage at development or redevelopment projects
- Prior project management experience, business development, experience with state and federal environmental regulations/agencies, and a strong relationship with SF Bay construction, development, industrial and municipal clients
- Excellent Client management skills with a proven ability to maintain long-term client relationships and establish new client relationships
- Excellent independent professional judgement and interpersonal skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
The candidate will initially support CDIM’s existing clients, but is expected to connect their network of clients, regulators, colleagues and contractors to our network, resulting in new business and growth of CDIM’s existing business. The position offers opportunity for financial and professional growth as our firm increases in size, including partnership/ownership based on the individual’s contribution to the team’s success.
CDIM formed in 2016 to serve California construction, development, industrial and municipal clients. We continue to develop and evolve state of the art practices for success in a changing technical, regulatory and business climate. We are seeking a team member that will evolve with our organization.
The position is based in CDIM’s San Francisco office, and the successful candidate should expect regular travel to client sites throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying for the position, please submit your resume to: email@example.com.